Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Work in Progress: Crochet Cuff

Ok, so I'm starting to get back into crochet again.  I don't have a ton of time to work on big projects right now, so I needed to come up with something that would be quick, but also show off the pretty yarn I have in abundance.  My solution=crochet jewelry.  I haven't gotten very far, but here's a cuff I've worked up so far.

It is made from hand dyed, hand spun wool yarn in pink, green/aqua, brown with red or green angelina, and cream.  The pink and green/aqua feels soft and smooth, the brown is a little bit rougher, and the cream is really thick and thin and nubby.  This one was sort of a happy accident.  It went from me wanting it to be a hat to a scarf to a pendant necklace to a statement necklace to a cuff.  I think it worked out for the best.

 I crocheted simple circles from the different colored sections of the yarn(yes, this was all one ball), then attached them by crocheting around the edges with the cream yarn.  I also used the cream yarn to close up the cuff and the holes between the circles.  I'm still deciding on whether or not I want to add a few vintage buttons.  Opinions?  Also still undecided on whether or not I want to sell it.  I love the funky shape!  I have another similar ball of yarn in the same colorway, so theoretically I could make another similar cuff.

I can't wait to make more crochet jewelry, especially now that I rediscovered a lot of my wonderful yarn stash hiding in the closet.  Look for more fiber based jewelry in the shop soon!

♥ Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment